If you’re using Cura for the first time, it could not be easier to get started. Every step of the way you’ll find simple instructions on what to do and within minutes you’ll be up and running.
Here’s what you can expect during the sign up process:
- Click the ‘Sign Up’ button on homepage
- Enter your name, email address and set a password
- Enter the name of your community
- Add a short description of what you want your community to do. This description is to help those you invite to join the community understand what it’s for, e.g.:
“I have set up this online community to help care for John Smith, helping him stay safely and happily in his own home for as long as possible. I will regularly post the tasks that John needs assistance with, please do what you can to help. Thank you in advance for all your help and support”
- Invite community members to join
- That’s it! Your Cura Community is now set–up and you’re free to start adding tasks.
Once inside your community you’ll only find five pages:
Overview – this page gives you a simply overview of recent and upcoming activity in your community.
Tasks – this is where you manage your community. Through a simple calendar view all tasks are visible and are colour coded to show their status:
- tasks highlighted pink are yours
- tasks highlighted green are unassigned
- if a task is grey it’s claimed by another community member.
You’ll also notice some other tabs on the task page. One highlights the unclaimed tasks and the second lists all the tasks that don’t have a specific completion date (these are tasks that are not time sensitive). You’ll also find a ‘day view’ page, which is an alternative to the default ‘month view’ page.
Community administrators will also see an ‘Add New Task’ button.
Message board – Create a true sense of community! Here you can start a conversation, leave messages of support, share memories or even photos for the rest of your community to see.
Members – On this page you can see who is in your community along with their contact details. If you are a community administrator here’s where you will add and remove members. As an administrator you can also make other members ‘administrators’, enabling them to help you manage the community.
Useful Info – Here you can add information which is helpful to the smooth running of your community, anything from the contact details of friendly tradesmen to a map to the local doctor’s surgery – the choice is yours.